Chiropractic Treatment Criteria
Reviewed: 2/07, 2/08, 1/09, 3/10, 2/11, 1/12, 1/13, 3/14, 3/14, 2/15, 1/16, 1/17
Chiropractic treatment seeks to restore normal body function by physically manipulating the spine to remove pressure on nerves.
Chiropractic treatment is covered when all of the following criteria are met:
- A neuromuscular condition is diagnosed that may be relieved by standard chiropractic treatment in order to restore optimal function.
- Chiropractic treatment is performed by a licensed doctor of chiropractic practicing within the scope of his/her license.
- The enrollee is involved in an ongoing chiropractic treatment program that clearly documents all of the following:
- A prescribed treatment program
- The symptoms being treated
- Diagnostic procedures and results
- Frequency, duration and results of planned treatment modalities
- Anticipated length of treatment plan with identification of short and long term goals
- Demonstrated continued progress towards significant functional gains and/or improved activity tolerances
- The chiropractic treatment program may at times be rendered to provide relief or temporary restoration of function.